Thursday, January 3, 2013

New Year - New Posts :)

I am super- excited about the "new me!"  I feel so blessed to be able to share this fantastic program with my friends!  I Love how good I feel, and believe it or not, it feels even better to hear of my friends and their success!!!
I have a family member (not gonna mention names) and she has lost over 105 pounds since May.  WOW!!!!  

With that in mind, many of my friends have been asking about what some of my favorite items and "must haves" for anyone trying to do Medifast / Take Shape For Life.  

So, in no particular order, here goes:

My number one favorite tool is the Magic Bullet.  I use this thing several times a day.  I love to make most of my meals into shakes, so this is my go-to tool.  
Next I have to say that Dr. A's Habits of Health curriculum is a MUST have!   This is the actual "program"and is what makes TSFL different than all other diets.  
You can get them here lifesaver.tsfl.com, or at other book retailers, like Amazon

Next up, is my new fave Silk Almond Milk.  Here is the scoop:  I really have never enjoyed cow milk.  And soy milk is not for me.  I was skeptical about almond milk, but it is an approved item, and I really really wanted some of the MF cereal, so I was willing to give this a try.  Success!  I am a fan!  Be sure to get the unsweetened 30 calorie kind.

Speaking of almonds, I love these as a crunchy little snack sometimes. 

Blue Diamond Natural Oven Roasted Sea Salt Almonds




Ok, so at this point I have given you almost all the tools for my favorite Medifast Meal: I LOVE making the softbake into a shake, so here is how I make it: 

I put some ice in the magic bullet, then add some almond milk, about 5 -7 almonds and a 1/2 tsp of ground flax seed meal. (my secret weapon when things don't seem to be moving as smoothly as they could be )
I blend that all up until the almonds and ice are all ground and frosty.  Then I add a pack of Medifast Chocolate Chip Soft Bake and blend some more, until the chocolate chips are small enough to fit through a drinking straw.  Add  your straw and you have just made my favorite meal.  And, this is also awesome with the Medifast Brownie!


Next up is sugar free jello.  I love this as a sweet treat after dinner. A Tablespoon of Cool Whip lite is also on plan :)



How about something to perk up your pancakes?  First, I am not good at making pancakes.  But, I am a fan of waffles!  I love the Cuisinart waffle maker.  So, I use some cooking spray, and make the batter with 1/4 cup water. 



 Sometimes I will add some flax seed meal for fun.  & sometimes I will add some Sugar Free Torani Syrup.  Right now I really like the Almond Roca flavor.




Mooooving on to the dairy catagory: Laughing Cow 

Light Creamy Swiss :) no words are needed 



And if you are a fan of cottage cheese, I love Knudsen 2%  
Ok, our all time favorite seasoning: kirkland no salt organic seasoning.  We get it at Costco & use it on almost everything!

And Dave recently discovered McCormick Smoked Paprika.  I think we also got this at Costco. You Must   Get This!!!




So, there you have it.  Some of my favorite items  








No comments:

Post a Comment