Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Summer Vaction Day 3

Wow, I went to the gym 3 days in a row! Is that a record for me? It is this month. I made plans to meet my friend Susan today. We cycled for about a half hour and then made plans to come back for step class on Friday. hhhmmm, I might start to become a regular there.
I attended my first ever Tai-Chi class after Susan left. It wasn't hard. I did sweat. (that might have had something to do with the room temp in there though.) I had no idea what I was doing, but the instructor, Alisabeth was nice & easy, so I didn't feel bad. I did feel VERY silly during the 3 "freestyle" sections though. Since I have never even seen what Tai-Chi even looks like, when she said it was "freestyle time, just do what you feel..." I didn't think taking a nap would be considered appropriate. I guess I was supposed to slowly twist and move my arms & legs in the air. I'm still not sure what it was supposed to look like, but since it wasn't hard, and made me sweat, and lasted an hour, I think I will go back again.
Come to think of it, taking classes (which are included in my $19 monthly fee) is a pretty good bargain for my effort. If I am gonna spend an hour at the gym, reading a book on the treadmill is maybe not gonna be as effective as actually "working."
And since Jordie is working out 4 hours a day @ football practice, I think I can make some effort and hopefully see some rewards for myself at the end of the summer.

PS: no matter what it is supposed to look like, there is NO WAY that I will make lots of loud breathing sounds in front of people, even if every other person in the class is breathing really loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment