Tuesday, December 4, 2012

fun tips for me to remember during transition :)

Ok, so, I am about to start transition.  And I keep looking up kindof the same info all the time.  I decided this is a good place for me to keep track of my good ideas.  So, here is transition tip #1:  During Transition you are gradually increasing your carbohydrate intake.   We want the snack to be close to 100 calories.  Good to know!

"I just saw these online and wanted to know if they would meet the requirements for transition. I'm in my 3rd week of transition. They're called Jalapeno Ranch Veggie Chips by Snikiddy. I'm really working on learning to read labels as I enter this new phase......
Thanks for your help!

Calories:130 Total Fat: 7g Saturated Fat: 0.5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 140mg  Total Carbohydrate: 16g Dietary Fiber: 3g Sugars: 2g Protein: 3g "

"Hello,
My name is Cindy and I am a Registered Dietetic Technician on the Nutrition Support Team here at Medifast. During Transition you are gradually increasing your carbohydrate intake and this would be 16 added carbs all at once. I would not recommend this product until you reach Maintenance. Then 2/3 of one serving may occasionally count as one of the Healthy Fuelings. We want the snack to be close to 100 calories. Remember that this snack is not as nutritious as a Medifast meal or a piece of fruit but you may occasionally have it if you want.

I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to contact us again.
Cindy Swiss, DTR"
http://mfboards.mymedifast.com/showthread.php?t=119736

No comments:

Post a Comment