Friday, March 16, 2012

7 weeks done! :)

I am really impressed with how simple this has been.  In the past 7 weeks I am down just about 20 pounds.  & I honestly can't believe what a difference 18+ pounds feels like!  For starters, I was trying to lift a bag of something off the floor.  It was wedged behind something and I asked the boys to help me.  When I got it, I noticed it was heavy.  It was 15 pounds.  Really?  15 pounds was seriously heavy.  I had been walking around with that for over 2 years.  Why???   & more importantly, why did I get this fat to begin with?  Why didn't I take care of this years ago???
I am feeling so much better about myself, and I am still a total fatty!  However, my size 18 jeans are getting lose and I can put them on and off without unbuttoning.  That's pretty cool.  
On Sunday I was able to wear this super-cute twill skirt I bought like 2 years ago. I got it online & when it came I could barely squeeze into.  I think I only  wore it like 1 time. :(   & this week I got to wear it & it looked so nice.  I have a feeling I may not be able to wear it many more times before I get to give it away.  
Dave and I have been talking a lot about this.  We are both really loving this!  (I totally thought he would hate this!  He has been so resistant to dieting in the past)  We have both declared that we are never gonna let this happen to us again.  Being obese is such a huge waste.  There were so many things I would never do because I am such a fatty.  My feet are no longer killing me.  My boobs are no longer smothering me.  (yeah, honestly, I always felt like I was gonna suffocate)  & I have lots and lots more energy.  
I am totally happy that Dave and I committed to do this plan for 6 full months.  I know that I can quit at any time, but I think because we both promised to stick with this, we are really going to go all the way!  (I am pretty sure I would have probably dropped out a few weeks ago.  That is how I have normally done it... diet for a whole month and then feel good & stop)
So, basically, I have completed 7 weeks, and I am feeling awesome and I am really really happy with the results.  :)  
(Oh, & Dave has lost over 40 pounds)

No comments:

Post a Comment