Monday, March 12, 2012

Happy Anniversary to our new and improved family

So, it is March.  Wow.  Yesterday was the 3 year anniversary of our house fire.  Crazy.


We have come a long way in the last 3 years.  We have made a ton of improvements in our family since the fire.  We even all got fatter.  (ok, so that isn't really positive thing) So now we are working on improving our health!  I am really excited that Dave and I are doing this weight loss thing.  I mean, really!
We have been working on this for more than 6 weeks and I am happy to report that things are still going great!  As of Thursday, March 8, I had lost 17.8 pounds.  & for those of you counting, that is like 3 pounds a week.  I will admit that I was having a really hard time during weeks 4-5.  I am not sure what my problem was.  I had good days and bad days, but mostly I was just really hungry.  (I still think it was pms)  However, I am totally over that and not only am I not starving, I feel full of energy.  I know that my friends who have been on Medifast kept saying "oohhh, I feel great and full of energy..." I kinda wasn't buying it.  But I totally feel it now.  (maybe I wasn't in ketosis the whole time, making me feel hungry? )  I am doing something right.

And now, I am feeling so good.  I know it hasn't even been 20 pounds.  and In the past, when I weighed 190 I would feel pretty bad about life.  Honestly, I was just living out of control.  I would "try" to lose weight, but as soon as someone would offer a delightful treat, I would give in and never go back.  Then maybe 7 pounds later I would "try" to lose weight again.  I finally stopped trying to look cute.  I quit wearing makeup.  (still not wearing it yet) I stopped wearing cute clothes.  I would buy ugly cheap clothes on purpose to hopefully shame myself into losing weight so they would end up too big, and I would have to get rid of them.  The sad thing is that I just cleaned out my closet and now I finally got to bag up all of my size 20's!  Yay!  Too bad I had these clothes for over 2 years.  Seriously... Why was I a size 20 for more than 2 years???

I am very optimistic about my new momentum.  I actually feel like I can go out and do stuff.  Like I spent this weekend working in the back yard. (I never ever do that!)  
So, life is good.  Happy Anniversary to our new and improved family!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment